Programme reviews are based on, you’ve guessed it, programmes. Basically a review is a ring-fenced selection of paper instances, programme, and personnel information where the reviewer has read-only access in an easy-to-use interface. Here’s how it works.
To create a review, you need to be a Head of Department or a Superuser. Once it’s created, anyone can be added as an author, giving them full edit access to the review. So, if you’re not an HoD or Superuser, please contact us to ask for it to be created on your behalf.
Creating the review (HoDs and superusers)
From the departmental homepage, click the Create review button to open the review information page. From this page, select the relevant programme from Create new review for programme drop-down menu on the right hand side of the page, which opens the form below.
The following are aspects of a review that you will need to fill into the form, before clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page (not shown).
- Give the review a specific name to distinguish it from others of the same programme. Something with the calendar year in works well.
- There’s a free-form notes section for you to enter any specific information about this review instance. All aspects can be edited later, so don’t worry if you don’t have all the info now. This text will be shown to reviewers alongside the programme’s description on the review homepage.
- Because a review covers a set period of time, you need to define the starting as well as the finishing semesters. These are inclusive.
- We know that jargon is hard to cope with, so have given you the option to specify what your reviewers will best understand graduate attributes to be. By nominating both the singular (e) and plural (f) terms, you’re able to make sure that your reviewers see terminology throughout the review in a language they understand.
- Use the authors list to give edit permissions to anyone registered in Compass. The review creator is listed as an author by default. If you can’t find someone you want, please see the information on how to register someone else.
- Repeat this process for the reviewers too. Remember that these too can be edited at any time, so you can always come back and add people once they’ve got usernames and registrations sorted out.
- Finally, there’s a list of graduate attributes (or whatever you’ve chosen to call them in (e,f)) which are already associated with this programme for you to select from.When you create a formal review, you will be asked to select from this list those most relevant to the review. For example, if you are accredited by more than one professional body, you’re able to control the attributes which the current review will encompass, and which the current reviewers will be able to see.
Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to create your review, and be taken to the review homepage.